These mini lobster rolls were the second of two newly resurrected Super Bowl recipes I did for C Wonder a few years ago.
These little sandwiches are incredibly delicious, which completely belies how quick and easy they are to make, while little extras like micro greens—which are now easy to find at most grocery stores—give them a touch of elegance.
Feel free to substitute shrimp or crab of the lobster meat.
Mini Lobster Rolls with Old Bay SeasoningMakes 6 mini Lobster Rolls
For the Lobster:¾ lb cooked lobster meat, cut into chunks
4 oz butter
4 oz olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
For the Sandwiches:3 hot-dog style potato rolls, or roll of you choice; cut in half
Old Bay Seasoning
Lobster:• Melt the butter over medium heat. Add the olive oil, crushed garlic, and salt and heat gently until the sauce is warm.
• Add the lobster chunks and allow them to warm up in the sauce—about 2 minutes.
• Remove the lobster chunks from the sauce.
• Strain the sauce, set aside, and keep warm until it’s time to serve.
To assemble the sandwiches:• While the butter is melting, warm the buns in a toaster or in the oven.
• Spread each bun with a light slick of mayo.
• Layer a few arugula leaves on each bun, followed by the chunks of lobster.
• Sprinkle each roll with Old Bay Seasoning.
• Garnish each roll with a few micro greens.
• Serve the lobster rolls with the warm garlic butter sauce and lemon wedges on the side.
Click here for wine pairing ideas.
And for more Tailgate Menu ideas, click here.